You will need (quantities are a guide don’t worry if you go over or under):
- 1.5kg/3lb chicken pieces of your choice ( I used wings)
- 100ml-150ml oyster sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves choped
- hot sauce/ siracha sauce
- Seasoning for your chicken (onion powder, paprika, oregano)
Mix the ingredients together and pour over seasoned chicken (I seasoned my chicken with onion powder, paprika and oregano). Bake the chicken in the oven at 200c/400F covered for 30 min. remove foil and bake for another 30 min or until golden brown. This sauce also works well as a marinade for bbq
For the easy Nachos you will need:
- 1 bag of Tortilla/nacho chips/crisps (you can also use Doritos)
- 1 jar of salsa
- a few dollops of cream cheese (as much as you like) about 1/2 a block of Philadelphia cream cheese would be fine.
- grated cheese (at least a cup)
- 3 chopped jalapeños (optional)
- guacamole or 1 avo mashed and seasoned
Grab a oven dish and add the chips followed by the salsa. I used about 3/4 of the jar but you can use the whole thing. Add dollops of cream cheese over the salsa and cover that with the grated cheese. Add the jalapenos and bake uncovered in the oven for about 20 min (200c/400F) or until the cheese is melted.
Top with guacamole or mash up one avocado and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce followed with salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes we eat the nachos as a main dish and add our choice of protein over the salsa layer (before the cream cheese). You can add bacon, taco meat, pulled pork or chicken to this dish.