Valentine’s Day Vietnam Noodles with a personal touch
No one wants to stand in front of the stove for hours on valentine’s day so this Vietnam noodle dish is a romantic winner.
I bought a Noodle kit which included the rice noodles, marinade and salad dressing, but I am sure this can be replaced with something of your choosing. You will need:
- small packet of rice noodles (about 250g)
- marinade for pork (look for a red curry paste or something similar)
- salad dressing (sweet chili vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice)
- 500g pork (use neck steaks or fillet cut up into small pieces)
- 1/2 cucumber cut into pieces
- 1/2 lettuce (I used about a handful)
- 150g of fresh bean sprouts
- bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 1 onion
- oil for cooking (I used olive oil)
- 3 cloves of fresh pressed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ml of freshly ground ginger
Marinade the pork for at least 30 min or more.
Bring 500ml water to boil and add the pasta with a drop of oil. Cook until soft, rinse off and drain.
Add your oil to a pan and saute the onion, ginger and garlic until soft. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the cooked pasta and onion mixture together and set aside.
Use your same pan and fry the marinated pork pieces until golden brown.
Add the cucumber, lettuce, bean sprouts, mint leaves and salad dressing to the noodles and mix well.
Add the cooked pork, mix everything together and serve with a glass of good quality wine. 🙂 Some roses, chocolate and candlelight could also be added to make the dish ext r