Sweet potato and beef sausage stew
This is a really easy and quick recipe for those middle of the week dinners.
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp of crushed ginger’
- 1 large tomato diced
- Salt, pepper and Italian herbs to taste
- 500g of beef sausage (or any sausage of your choice)
- ½ cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 5 – 6 sweet potatoes cut into circles and cooked (I boiled mine in hot water for 15min in the microwave until soft)
- 1 can of tomato and onion mix (if you cannot find this just use a can of diced tomatoes)
- A splash of Worcester sauce (about 20ml)
- Chutney or jam (optional about 20ml)
Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato, and spices in the olive oil until soft (about 5 min).
Add the sausage and the BBQ sauce and cook until the sausage is almost cooked through.
Add the sweet potato, can of onion mix and the sauces. Add in some more pepper if desired and let the dish simmer for about 10 – 15 min.