Pasta of the day (Bacon, tomato and mushrooms)
My Friday night go to is pasta, because naturally after a long week you need to indulge in some comfort food.
- 60 ml white wine (I drank some as well)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- A big handful of mushrooms (dice them into chunks)
- 1 packet of bacon
- 1 can of tomato and onion stew or just diced tomatoes if cannot find the mixture. (just add another onion)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tbsp of chutney
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spanish smoked paprika to taste
- Dollop of cream cheese
- 250g pasta cooked to package instructions
Pour some wine for yourself and then sauté the garlic, onion and mushroom with the salt and pepper until soft. Add the bacon, Spanish smoked paprika and wine and simmer for about 10 min.
Add the can of tomato and onion mixture, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, chutney and dollop of cream cheese. Let the dish simmer for about 20 min.
Serve the sauce over the cooked pasta and add some freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy with your glass of wine and relax.